This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus timeout operation
Hi
I suddenly get modbus operation timed out. Earlier it came occationaly  but now it stopped and gives error log, so no modbus communicatiin in a month. Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How to troubleshoot this. I am using the latest firmware.
Can you check if the port is working and cabling is ok? Timeout means that there's no communication between LM and ModBus devices.
is that a different case then mine?
http://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=312
Your error log message was not really an issue Smile And it only affected TCP, not RTU.
Cable is ok. I had just two slaves, but tried to disconnect one. That means only 1 slave with 1m cable. How to check port?
I have the same problem, with the UIO20 side by side to the LogicMachine, it does not respond either the RTU scan or the RTU read test, same with other modbus devices,
in other LogicMachines I have tried it and same thing happens, all of them are running 20170601 firmware
Have you done the address programming for it?
(20.06.2017, 08:49)admin Wrote: Have you done the address programming for it?

the address programming for the devices, yes, they were working well
Then it means that modbus is working. If you change serial port settings (baud rate / parity / stop bits), you have to do the addressing again, otherwise UIO20 will still be using old settings.
(20.06.2017, 09:40)admin Wrote: Then it means that modbus is working. If you change serial port settings (baud rate / parity / stop bits), you have to do the addressing again, otherwise UIO20 will still be using old settings.

I was wrong.. the Write Address is not working either, its like the Modbus is not working at all...

It's possible that RS485 port is damaged, you should also check if the wiring is ok.
Hi
Now i got modbus timeout on another project with 2 rtu slaves and 2 tcp slaves. Much communication goes without erroes but sometimes there comes error messages in log.
Running a spacelynk on this project. Any ideas how to find out why? Modbus mapper user with profiles
I just logged in. The fault is only on the RTU devices. And as you can se there is no logic in when the error comes

I have the same problem. Operation timed out.
As for the baud rate, addresses and cables i am sure that everything is ok because before LM i had another modbus master (txi2.open) and everything was ok.
How i can change the scan delay time or the telegram delay?

Thank you in advance

Upgrade firmware to 2017.06