This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

How to control the KNX bus via SMS and send notices via SMS?
If you want to use API why not use Telegram instead? It's free and easy to configure. See this: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...1#pid17111
Hello,

with the instruction and files in post 3 I am now able to receive and send sms. THX!
I also managed to reboot via SMS and get back some information (e.g. IP) when sending a sms with "status" as content to LM.

I now want to get back the signal status of the modem via sms.
ASFAIK the AT-Command "AT+CSQ" delivers this information but unfortunately I have no clue how to implement this (my lua and AT-Command skills are not the best Smile ).

Can anyone help?

Thx in advance!
1. Modify the user library send function so it returns the command reply/result:
Code:
-- send command to terminal
function AT:send(cmd)
  local res, err = self.port:write(cmd .. '\r\n')
  local reply

-- write ok, get local echo
  if res then
    res, err = self:readuntil(cmd)
    reply = self:read()
  end

return res, err, reply
end

2. Add before handler = function(sms) in the resident script:
Code:
readcsq = function()
    local res, err, reply = modem:send('AT+CSQ')
    local rssi

if reply then
      rssi = reply:match('%+CSQ:%s+(%d+),(%d+)')
    end

rssi = tonumber(rssi) or 0

if 2 <= rssi and rssi <= 9 then
      quality = 'marginal'
    elseif 10 <= rssi and rssi <= 14 then
      quality = 'ok'
    elseif 15 <= rssi and rssi <= 19 then
      quality = 'good'
    elseif 20 <= rssi and rssi <= 30 then
      quality = 'excellent'
    else
      quality = 'unknown'
    end
  end

csqtime = os.time()

3. Add before udphandler(server) in the resident script:
Code:
now = os.time()
    delta = math.abs(now - csqtime)

if delta >= 15 then
      csqtime = now
      readcsq()
    end

This will read the signal quality every 15 seconds and will set global variable quality that you can use in the SMS reply message.
Works perfect - THX!
Is it possible to change APN via SMS and reconnect to the new APN? I am sure it is but my skills ...

I need this to connect to my LM in case the VPN is down.
Normally I use the APN "internet.telekom, tm ,tm" and do not want to change this default setting (bacause of security reasons) - with this APN you get a private WAN-IP like 10.x.x.x and AFAIK you can not connect to private IPs.
With the APN "internet.t-d1.de, internet, t-d1" you get a non private IP like 32.x.x.x and you can connect to it.

Another point: In the resident script the PIN code needs to be set - either as a number or a object-variable. Is it also possible to get the PIN code out of the system preferences where it usually also has to be set?

THX in advance!