This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

NTP Server with time from KNX bus
Hello,

I have a project in an environment not connected to the internet, also containing a HomeLynk. Due strict security requirements, no internet connectivity is allowed.

The current date/time is received via a KNX GPS receiver and is available on the KNX bus.

The HomeLynk acts as gateway between the IP hardware (none of those have internet connection) and the KNX part of the installation

We need some time synchronisation between all the hardware (HomeLynk visualisation and calendar, CCTV, in-house advertising hardware, security system,...)

My question :
Is there a way we can use the HomeLynk as a NTP server (using the KNX GPS time) to supply the correct time to all the other hardware?
(The other hardware can be configured to use an ntp serve to get the time, so that's not a problem)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Hi,

You can already sync the controller with KNX time see:

http://openrb.com/example-change-timedat...pt-on-lm2/

It's a old sample so i'm not sure if it still works due all changes in the FW.

In the next FW for homeLYnk you can set the controller asĀ NTP server making your wish possible.

I don't know exact release date but i think somewhere around April. This is not a confirmed date !

BR,

Erwin