This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Error using 255 byte string and ETS5
Hello

I have a problem with two group addresses that I use in conjunction with some scripts to show a text of time and date, these two groups I have defined them as objects of 255 bytes (with 14bytes I do not have enough) and even I use the grpupdate and not the Grpwrite ETS 5 gives me an error each time the resident script is run, I have solved it using an IP filter> TP from these groups but I would like to know if what I am doing is fine or there is another way to do it.

Thank you very much.
Hi,

The 255 byte is no KNX standard dpt. However it's send over KNX IP to be able to send data to another controller. grp.update only blocks telegram to TP so when your ETS is connected over IP you will get invalid dpt telegram in the monitor, so your solution to block it in filter does do the trick. Keep in mind that your telegram will not reach other controllers now.

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,

Thank you , I use this objects only as an internal objects to display this information into LM, I think that it will be resolved with new firmware and internal objects.

THX
Hi,

Yes it does, but setting your dtp to RAW should work, you could also ignore the message in the ETS monitor as the KNX telegram is just unknown to the ETS, but valid in telegram field.

BR, 

Erwin