This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Project merge
Good morning,

I have two seperate KNX installations and i need to merge them into one.
First project consist of three lines (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) and have group address from 0/xx/xxx to 5/xx/xxx. On main line sits a Logic Machine Load Balancer that connects to the KNX bus with a IP interface.
Second project consist of one line (1.10) and have group address 10/xx/xxx and i am using Logic Machine reactor V2 direct conected on the TP line.

The goal is to have all 4 lines and all group addresses under a single project and use Load Balancer for visualization and scripting and Reactor V2 for gateway and redundancy.

Can someone suggest the most eficient way to achive the merge?

Thank you in advance
George
You can use "Import neighbours" feature from Utilities tab. But first, you have to enable Remote services in System config on your Reactor and mark all object for export with mass edit. Then after import all new objects will be added to your main LM.
And what about scripts and visualisations?
There are import/export and backup/restore features for both visualization and scripts.
I knew those utilities but it is still morning and haven't got my coffee yet  Cool
Hi again,
Finished merging the two projects and i use an IP Interface to connect the LM LB and LM Reactor to TP Line.
Both LM's KNX connection mode is set to IP Tunneling. 
Is there any way dynamicaly change the LM's Reactor mode to TP-UART in order to use is as a backup-redundancy connection to TP line?
(04.04.2017, 12:19)gtsamis Wrote: Hi again,
Finished merging the two projects and i use an IP Interface to connect the LM LB and LM Reactor to TP Line.
Both LM's KNX connection mode is set to IP Tunneling. 
Is there any way dynamicaly change the LM's Reactor mode to TP-UART in order to use is as a backup-redundancy connection to TP line?

Any thoughts? Nobody ever wanted to have redundancy for the TP line connection?
Hi,

Normally you set both to TPUART and turn off all scripts and schedulers from slave, if the master goes down (polled from the slave) then you turn on scripts and schedulers in the slave...

I also created a custom javascript to make clients switch to slave (with window.location) so your visu is also still available on all clients... 

BR,

Erwin
(06.04.2017, 22:52)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Normally you set both to TPUART and turn off all scripts and schedulers from slave, if the master goes down (polled from the slave) then you turn on scripts and schedulers in the slave...

I also created a custom javascript to make clients switch to slave (with window.location) so your visu is also still available on all clients... 

BR,

Erwin

I have made necessary configurations on both Load balancer and Reactor for redundancy between the logic machines and it's working fine.
I also need to have redundancy on the KNX connection so if my IP inteface hangs (which happens sometimes) then the Load balancer could automaticaly change it's Tunneling router IP to point at the Reactor's IP.
Hi,

I don't think it's possible to solve your problem like that as changing the KNX interface requires a reboot..

BR,

Erwin
Maybe this could be something to be implemented on future firmware if there is need?
Hi,

Well, i would suggest to figure out why your IP connection stops working as the device is designed for 24/7 operation, so this would not be needed at all..

BR,

Erwin