This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

What happened when it have the same IP address
Hi,
yesterday the Homelynk of my customer, stop partially to work..
HL is connected via knx, modbus rtu and via ethernet, yesterday someone put the same IP of the HL on a switch and HL stops doing some important script..
So, what happened if another device have the same IP of HL?

Thanks
Anything that is not IP-related will still work. Scripts that do something like sending e-mails, FTP uploads etc might break. Web interface will probably not work most of the time.
Hi Mirco,

Just like with any IP device you can have a IP conflict, so your connection will be unstable or even unavailable.

I don't think scripts will stop running when this happends, but when your communication runs over IP you have no output commands.

I just tested this and scripts keep running...

BR,

Erwin
Ok, thanks!
I know that in theory it should not affect scripts, but it happened something strange.. All logics in HL works perfectly for more than 1 month, but yesterday it missed some knx objects update and some script didn't start..