This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Hotspare LM
But Hi
Is there a way how to use a secondary LM on the same bus as a hot spare device in case of the primary LM fails?
Or what is the best practice?
I've seen a simple example where scripts were disabled on the spare LM when the primary LM was available on the KNX bus. But it didn't disable schedulers etc.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
I'm trying to set up the spare LM5. But everytime I try "Import Neighbor" I'm getting
Error: 500
message.
Do you have any idea what's going on?
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Hi,

Did you enable remote services on the controller you want to import objects from?

BR,

Erwin
Hi,
yes I checked it twice. There has been remote services enable at both devices.

In "KNX connection" there has been set:
Enable only secure connection checked
Both Encryption keys have been identical
Hi,

Encryption uses also timestamps into the data to avoid recording and replication.

Are the timezones and date/time equal on both controllers?

BR,

Erwin
Remote services are not connected with KNX security settings in any way. Have you tried it with the beta FW that I've sent to you?
(10.04.2017, 07:19)admin Wrote: Remote services are not connected with KNX security settings in any way. Have you tried it with the beta FW that I've sent to you?

Hi
I tried with both. Source was always the actual stable firmware (and I can't change it because it's a 'production' device). Target was first the original firmware I bought (from december). Then I replaced the firmware by the testing version you send me and tried again. With the same result.
But now when I'm thinking about it I'm not 100% sure it was error 500 in my first attempt with old firmware. I will test it again.