This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Pool Modbus RTU
Hello, how can I reduce the polling time for the Modbus RTU protocol? I only have one module on the network RS-485, it allows a polling time of 100 ms and I would like to put 100 ms to increase the speed instead of 1 second. Is this possible?
Hi,

If you use a resident script then just set the script interval to x seconds, if you use the modbus template then you can set the polling interval on the device by double click the device and set the interval.

BR,

Erwin
Hi, the tab can be minimized only 1 second. And how to make less than 1 second?
Hi,

Create a resident script with interval 0 and read the device from this script and include a os.sleep(0.1) to reduce the interval from max cpu speed to 100ms.

I wunder if this won't give issues when the object is refreshed at this interval... I think that is the reason why the template has the lowest option to set it to 1 sec.. But you can always try..

BR,

Erwin
thanks, I'll try

I tried, unfortunately, the reaction rate is small
Which device do you need to poll this often? If you only have one device and you don't need to write to it, then a script is be a better solution.
Hi,
The device has only one digital input-output terminal of 8 channels, controls lighting, so the response delays are critical
Hi,

This is why they invented KNX (:

BR,

Erwin
Hi,
So after all, the RS485 interface has a polling capability of less than 100 ms and then the response rate is good. I have other equipment running fast with the modbus RTU.
It would be nice if the user himself could set the parameters according to the protocol capabilities))))