This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

mail sending issue
Hi, 

I never had that issue but today, trying to send a mail by a wiser for Knx Schneider I got the attached message.

The same mail script works fine on LM.

Ps. I had already set gmail security option to work with apps with less security.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This probably happens because your device has different IP than the one that you are using to access the account.
My suggestion is to try one of these services instead:
https://sendpulse.com/
https://www.mailjet.com/
https://sendgrid.com/

Gmail is not really meant for automated sending and this feature can be blocked at any time.
Instead of your suggestions, may we use one of our business mail (microsoft mail)? Or we will have the same problem?
MS email should work, but better to try it yourself.
I 'm testing our business mail, that are the parameters:

Impostazione SMTP
Nome server: smtp.office365.com
Porta: 587
Metodo di crittografia: TLS

in common fuctions I have

local settings = {
-- "from" field, only e-mail must be specified here
from = 'segnalazioni.tecniche@komponext.it',
-- smtp username
user = 'segnalazioni.tecniche@komponext.it',
-- smtp password
password = 'xxxxxxxx',
-- smtp server
server = 'smtp.office365.com',
-- smtp server port
port = 587,
-- enable ssl, required for gmail smtp
secure = 'sslv23',
}

I have to change or disable secure = 'sslv23' since I will use 587 port?
Try secure = "starttls" for port 587 if secure = "tlsv1_2" does not work.
ok... it seems to be working with secure = "starttls".

Thanks
(27.11.2020, 08:26)admin Wrote: MS email should work, but better to try it yourself.

Hi

I have had the same issues as described in this thread. I tried now the solution with MS, and that worked. 

I have one question thouh; If I have the mail settings in a userlibrary where the 'Keep source' is unchecked, is it 100% impossible to get to the library later?

The reason I ask is clear; I will have to enter company-sesitive information in the mail settings, and if it in any way is possible to read these settings later, this would be a big problem.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
Hiding the source will provide some level of protection but it is still possible to retrieve the credentials from the backup file. I don't see a big security risk if you create a separate e-mail account for LM notifications.
(06.01.2021, 08:09)admin Wrote: Hiding the source will provide some level of protection but it is still possible to retrieve the credentials from the backup file. I don't see a big security risk if you create a separate e-mail account for LM notifications.

OK, thanks for answer.

I tested also the services you mentioned in an earlier post. I think I will go for one of them, then there is only the risk of giviing away credentials to a free service that is in no other way linked to my company.

Thx for help.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool