This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

clickable objects under fixed sidebar, is it possible?
Hi LM fans,

me and a colleague of mine are trying to make a fixed sidebar with a transparent background.
We would like to always see the buttons to navigate the plan, but still have the possibility to click the objects under the (transparent) sidebar.

Making the .menu element transparent in the CSS was the easy part, but the problem is that the .menu item has a z-index of 200 while the objects have a lower z-index value.
What happens is that even if the .menu background is not visible, it's still there from top to bottom of the visualization and prevents you to click the buttons underneath.

I tried changing the z-index of the objects in the CSS (attachment), but it doesn't work.
Do you have any idea on how to get around this?

Thank you very much for any feedback!

Attached Files
.css   monolith-color-dark.css (Size: 3.89 KB / Downloads: 16)
LM5 Lite + Ext (i.MX6)
Use pointer-events CSS property, set it to none for elements that should not react to clicks, set it to all for elements that should react to clicks.
(15.05.2017, 12:20)admin Wrote: Use pointer-events CSS property, set it to none for elements that should not react to clicks, set it to all for elements that should react to clicks.

Thank you admin, nice trick!

This is the code I used, and it works:

Code:
.menu {
 pointer-events: none;
}

.menu * {
 pointer-events: all;
}