This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trend logs size
Hello,

I want to create >100 trend logs (each about 0.4mb). So where these logs are stored on LM and is it possible I run out of storage by doing this? 
As I noticed, when I create logs System Status -> Memory increases, which is total of 122mb. Can I store those logs in other place, for example System Status -> Partitions -> /dev/mmcblk0p3, there are free 3.5gb space.

Leonidas.
Trends and main db is stored in RAM and is copied to SD every 30 minutes. This is a must to prolong SD card lifetime. The maximum number of space that trends can use is limited in the current RC firmware.
(17.05.2017, 07:37)admin Wrote: Trends and main db is stored in RAM and is copied to SD every 30 minutes. This is a must to prolong SD card lifetime. The maximum number of space that trends can use is limited in the current RC firmware.

So what's the limit? I use LM5lite
~30MB
OK, thanks. Seems like I will run out of space with 100 trends..
(17.05.2017, 08:05)admin Wrote: ~30MB

Hi.

Why is there so little storage for the trend logs? Becouse of total available RAM?

BR
Kai-Roger
(18.03.2019, 13:30)Kai-Roger Wrote:

Hi.

Why is there so little storage for the trend logs? Becouse of total available RAM?

BR
Kai-Roger

30MB was on hardware without SPI and yes this limit was due to RAM. On hardware with SPI the limit is around 21MB due to SPI size.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(18.03.2019, 13:56)Daniel. Wrote:

Hi.

BR
Kai-Roger

30MB was on hardware without SPI and yes this limit was due to RAM. On hardware with SPI the limit is around 21MB due to SPI size.

Is it the same limit on the newest LM5?
(18.03.2019, 14:12)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(18.03.2019, 13:56)Daniel. Wrote:

Hi.

BR
Kai-Roger

Is it the same limit on the newest LM5?
yes
Ctrl+F5
Hello All,

Are the trend logs overwritten in case of a project restore? If yes is there a way I could download the data and re-upload them after the project upload? 

Thank you in advance
Trend logs are part of whole backup. There's no built-in way to do partial backup restore. For trends this is not trivial because each trend log is stored as a separate file and there are also main database entries.
(21.05.2019, 06:16)admin Wrote: Trend logs are part of whole backup. There's no built-in way to do partial backup restore. For trends this is not trivial because each trend log is stored as a separate file and there are also main database entries.

OK. But if I want to restore a backup of a project on a LM in the office and make all changes needed, then go on-site or do a remote project restore how can I save and restore the data that are logged in the mean time (can be days or months or years)?
It depend of what changes you want to make. If you want to update just scripts or visu then this you can backup separately and restore on site.
Ctrl+F5
(21.05.2019, 07:48)Daniel. Wrote: It depend of what changes you want to make. If you want to update just scripts or visu then this you can backup separately and restore on site.

Hello Daniel,

I know that I could restore just the scripts or import visu pages and or layouts/widgets and anything related to the visualizaiton. I have done that but then you will need to re-assign the widgets to the visu object because the IDs are not the same. And if there are additions and changes to the knx objects or virtual objects then it's not easy so restoring the whole project is more solid and error-free solution I guess. 
It would be very nice if we could do a trend logs database backup just before the project restore and then upload it back in place so that the trends are affected in the minimum. 

Regards and thank you for your reply