This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

spacelynk
I am running 1.2.1 of spacelynk now. Is the new firmware 100% complete or should I wait.

I found a bug in Modbus profiles in 1.2.1 firmware. When adding new profile the names from profile and knx adress is automatically transfered. But if the modbus is updated and gets values then the knx adresses is automaticaly added with blank names. This should be added once the Modbus profile is made.
Now i have to change the adress of modbus device so it doesnt get updated. Then delete all the objects with blank names.Then open the modbus mapping of the device and manually add one by one group adress to get the names correct.
At last I can change the modbus adress back to the correct one so the group adress gets the values... A little confusing[Image: smile.png]
Option to specify group addresses in the profile itself is meant only for development, objects are not created automatically this way. I doubt if this will be changed.
Hi,

You can use this script to auto create objects and auto mapping for all your meters.

.lua   Auto create objects and map to modbus profile.lua (Size: 1.13 KB / Downloads: 58)

BR,

Erwin
Thanks. Will try on next project. The reason I want this is that if we want to be competative in creating new projects it is important to speed up the tasks so it takes less time. This way I can create a json for a hvac system and on the next project if the hvc is alike it is just to import the file and visu and everything is finished.Smile
Hi,

With this script you can create all objects (i would use virtual) and map all your meter points in just 5 seconds (:

Note that you must run the script multiple times if you have more then 255 objects (see line 7 = now 1/2/..)

Already mapped mapped points to objects are skipped.

BR,

Erwin
Ok. Do you have a link for upgrading spacelynk to latest version. And is it 100% tested so I can upgrade and dont have to face startup bugs?