This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

APC Smart-UPS 1500VA 2U NMC2 IP communication
Hello,

I am having this UPS as back-up for my apartment electronics (without appliances) and it has inside a NMC2 (network monitoring card) which has static IP and can be accessed locally via a web interface. My QNAP NAS is using it via IP and it gives me information regarding the charge status, time left until discharge and status of the UPS.

Has anyone implemented with LogicMachine a script that reads the data from UPS NMC via IP? 

Regards,
Andrei
It looks like this UPS supports ModBus TCP which you can enable through APC configuration interface. It will still require some additional programming but it's the easiest solution.
(28.09.2015, 06:10)admin Wrote: It looks like this UPS supports ModBus TCP which you can enable through APC configuration interface. It will still require some additional programming but it's the easiest solution.

Do you know if someone has been doing this before, or where I can find a fully functional script? I might look to make it myself to work, with my limited experience...
Do you have the documentation on how modbus is implemented in your UPS? Base settings, registers, coils etc.
Hi,

I guess that the attached document is what I need.
I am using an APC NMC2 (network management card) inside my UPS SMT1500RM2U, which is accessible via the IP, so I guess that my NMC2 card is the way forward.

Thank you for the feedback!

Andreas

Attached Files
.pdf   MPAO-98KJ7F_R0_EN.pdf (Size: 627.86 KB / Downloads: 21)
Hi, if anyone have already implement the script for modbus tcp connection to the apc smart ups, please share your experience in order to know if it is working or not. 
Thanks in advance.
In general, UPS that have a network card have support for the SNMP protocol. Looking in the link of the UPS, this has support for SNMP. There is a thread in the forum that indicates how to use the SNMP protocol with the logic Machine, but for this you must know how the SNMP protocol works.