This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI devices feedback statuss
Hello,

begin working with DALI - did not find on forum how to receive feedback from DALI devices.

I need status of lamp - is it ON or OFF, if ON - receive to LM dimming level. With other gateways also possible receive status of DALI ballast - is it working or not, also error if lamp is broken. What we can do with LM DALI bus and RS485/DALI interface?? Found DALI commands, but may be somebody can provide examples or a little more details??

Also recommend to developers add 2 possibilities to DALI interface - broadcast FLASH command - all lamps will flash with interval 0.5 sec as example..(Possible make script but I still learning LUA). Very need for first startup - we will see which lamps not receive DALI commands or not added to interface (but for this not sure - may be in broadcast mode all DALI devices will flash, even thous which still not added in device list in LM??). Second possibility - when we found devices and begin to set up them - Flash possibility for selected device fill help us to see we work with device we need. Manually switch on/off not so comfortable, I have more 250 lams in my project, installation of them made other persons..
Hi,

Just curious:

Why don't you use a KNX DALI gateway like MTN6725-0001 that has all the features you need already included in the application?

Also the DALI processes are then located into another device and definitly result in a much more robust setup of your project.

Is it only to save some small extra investment?

BR,

Erwin
Ervin,

you are correct Smile   These devices I know VERY WELL - want recommend to all of us... I have site where working more than 100 pcs such devices, more than 3300 lams are connected.. During 10 years of sucessful working only 3 may be 4 have some problems.. Now at home I use newest gateway from Merten/ Schneider with letter IP - newest generation of good DALI gateways...

Ervin, you correct twice, just in my new project are used 6 RS485/DALI gateways from LM. A little specific, so I need a little help Smile
You can use this command to get the current value of each ballast (change GW and ballast addresses as needed):
Code:
require('user.dali')
res = dalicmd('internal', 'queryactual', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
if res then
  grp.write('5/0/1', res:byte())
end

The same way you can use querystatus and other commands that have reply mark in this table:
http://openrb.com/docs/dali.htm

Flashing can be done via a resident script:
Code:
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 254 })
os.sleep(1)
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 0 })
os.sleep(1)

If you want to flash a single ballast, just change the addressing parameters to use short address instead of broadcast.
Thank you very much, tomorrow will try to use your code.

But for last a little not understand - I have one RS485 interface. On it I have 6 RS485/DALI gateways from GW0 to GW5. How to address GW I need? As example - how flash all lamps through DALI line connected to GW3 in my case?
First parameter of dalicmd is gateway address, for external ones use gateway id number:
Code:
dalicmd(5, 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 254 })