This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Anemometer solution for awning protection
Hi, I am using LM4 for visualization in KNX installations and I am looking for the most economically solution (like a plain anemometer and not an expensive KNX weather station) for being able to measure wind and protect my awning (tent) for braking when strong winds appear suddenly. Some cheap analog Chinese anemometers are outputting various analog voltages but then you need to convert it somehow in order to use it and I am not sure that they will be able to measure wind gusts quick or accurate enough to retract the awning back and protect it.

Any practical implementation idea used already by anyone?

Thanks in advance
So, everybody uses only expensive weather stations for Awning Protection?
Can you post links to cheaper devices that you've found?
(12.07.2017, 08:52)admin Wrote: Can you post links to cheaper devices that you've found?

Something like this or this but would require some additional A-to-D conversion device (possibly this 1-wire one if it is supported in the 1-wire LM library?) as the LM4 dosen't has any analogue inputs (which I wish it would instead of the IR port that could not be used).

Another option would be this but would require an RS-232 serial connection and LM4 has 3 X RS-485 ones.
The one with analog output looks promising, though I haven't found any ready-made solutions with DS2450 chip. Nearly all 1-wire devices are supported via scripting, most commonly used ones are available as 1-wire profiles. You can also try the one with RS232 + USB adapter, but you need to be sure that serial protocol is documented before you buy unless you want to reverse engineer it Smile