This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Mobile phone (Android) USB modem usage
Hello,

is possible somehow use Mobile phone (android) as USB modem for LM firmware upgrade as example? For me it looks good idea - at site where I am working with LM no internet access possible, just LAN available. It could be good if I can connect my phone directly to LM with standart mini-USB - USB data cable to LM and share internet form phone (USB modem option ON), and from Notebook through LAN make all manipulation for this case I need. Any ideas?

Alex
(13.07.2017, 14:04)AlexLV Wrote: Hello,

is possible somehow use Mobile phone (android) as USB modem for LM firmware upgrade as example? For me it looks good idea - at site where I am working with LM no internet access possible, just LAN available. It could be good if I can connect my phone directly to LM with standart mini-USB - USB data cable to LM and share internet form phone (USB modem option ON), and from Notebook through LAN make all manipulation for this case I need. Any ideas?

Alex

Maybe you canĀ use a laptop.

Connect laptop with mobile Phone (usb) and connect laptop to lm (ethernet crosslink).
gjniewenhuijse thanks, it works. But I use WiFi and access point at my mobile and WiFi sharing at laptop.

For LM you need set IP 192.168.137.5 as example. GW 192.168.137.1 DNS 192.168.137.1
For win10 do following:
On WiFi network at laptop you should swich on connection sharing. Select your LAN interface. LAN interface will take 192.168.137.1 IP address. Connect to mobile WiFi. Check internet.
Open in browser IP of GW. Try to do updates Smile
Turn back your IP settings of LM. done.