This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Making decisions based on actual power consumption
First of all: I am new to LogicMachine and so apologies if this is a rudimentary question.

I would like to program some logic (make decisions) based on the actual power consumption for certain devices/appliances.

Examples of one such need:
I would like to have a "Leave house" button at the main door which (for security reasons) should shut off several appliances in the house. However, if the dishwasher (or washing machine) is still running (i.e. drawing current), I would like to wait until e.g. 5 minutes of "no power consumption" before I switch off the actuators for these appliances

I am perfectly fine with the LUA programming part. However, I  need a piece of advice on what type of physical sensors/devices I need to buy & install nearby the appliances to be able to measure power consumption and make power consumption available to the LM5.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

You can use our KNX actuators with current detection, they measure the load (by current) on each channel and with this measurement data you know if the load is still consuming power.
There is a lot of logic already in the application of the device and any missing logic you can solve in the LM.

BR,

Erwin
.pdf   Actuators with current detection.pdf (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 28)
Wink 
Thanks for the swift reply.
This seems to be spot-on what I need. I am already using Schneider's actuators and dimmers, so that is perfect.
Smile 

Thread closed.

Rgds
Christian