This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

TP Repeats
Hi,

Is there way to get the LM to log the TP Repeats?

Thanks,

Roger
Number of TP repeats can be seen in KNX statistics. There's also knxlib.getstats() function available in RC4. It returns a table with bus stats, including TP repeats.
Ok that's cool, but can we see which telegrams have been repeated, showing the source and destination of the telegram. This would be useful for diagnosing problematic KNX buses.

Thanks,

Roger
Hi,

A strange thing happens to me, I have many repeteciones and the load of the bus is low, there are more repetitions than load. It is a small installation, and if I monitor the bus everything is correct. I have a script that runs every 5s and sends only 7 group addresses with delays of 0.2s.

What can happen?

Thanks

attached image of statistics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Repeats are probably coming from scripts that use grp.write to a group address that is not assigned to a real KNX device. You should either use virtual objects or grp.update in this case.
(29.06.2018, 07:53)admin Wrote: Repeats are probably coming from scripts that use grp.write to a group address that is not assigned to a real KNX device. You should either use virtual objects or grp.update in this case.

Thanks!!
I Will check It!
(30.06.2018, 11:03)iridium Wrote:
(29.06.2018, 07:53)admin Wrote: Repeats are probably coming from scripts that use grp.write to a group address that is not assigned to a real KNX device. You should either use virtual objects or grp.update in this case.

Thanks!!
I Will check It!

also, if you have only sensor in line w/o any actors you will have the same problem.
in that case you can activate "ACK all group telegrams" option in network - knx connection menu
(02.07.2018, 10:52)AEK Wrote:
(30.06.2018, 11:03)iridium Wrote:

Thanks!!
I Will check It!

also, if you have only sensor in line w/o any actors you will have the same problem.
in that case you can activate "ACK all group telegrams" option in network - knx connection menu

Yes!! that was the problem!
Thank you
Hello, can someone help me, do you know why these repetitions occur on the bus after you activate a 1-bit group address?
Repeats will happen if you are sending any value to TP bus and there's no other device that has the same group address assigned to it. If you don't need this value on the bus then use either virtual objects or grp.update in scripts.
(29.06.2018, 06:58)iridium Wrote: Hi,

A strange thing happens to me, I have many repeteciones and the load of the bus is low, there are more repetitions than load. It is a small installation, and if I monitor the bus everything is correct. I have a script that runs every 5s and sends only 7 group addresses with delays of 0.2s.

What can happen?

Thanks

attached image of statistics
Your telegrams are not acked. Therefore the sender (a line coupler?) sends every packet five times. Set Ack All at your LM.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259