This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Group addresses in Objects only appear by auto update
Hi

I am having a little problem with the Objects tab in the logic machine. This tab shows a list of group addresses but the list is only populated when auto update is enabled. I have tried importing an ESF file through Utilities but the Objects tab remains empty until auto update starts working. Also, whenever the browser is closed and then opened again later to access the Objects tab, every group address that was found earlier is gone and requires auto update to show them again.

Is this how this is supposed to work? I was under the impression that when ESF files were imported that all the group addresses would be instantly visible in the Objects tab. Is there a way to see all the group addresses instantly within the logic machine that have been manually created or imported without the need to sniff for them first?
Which firmware version are you running? Importing ESF with auto update disabled populates the object tab properly on latest firmware. This setting only affects new objects and object values that are coming from visualization/scripts, KNX/TP or KNX/IP.
Version: 20150917

Additional info:
  • Logic Machine Reactor V2
  • Internet Explorer 11, Version: 11.0.10240.16431
  • Windows 10
Can you try another browser like Firefox or Chrome? IE should work, but it is not officially supported.
I got IE to work. The problem was bad encoding of the esf file. Country specific letters were all scrambled before but when importing the esf file with UTF-8 encoding instead of ANSI everything worked like it should in IE.
Thanks for this post,
I had the same issue with 'é' 'è' char.
I solved it by opening the .esf file with notepad++ and convert it from ANSI to UTF-8, reset all object in HomeLynk LM and import the converted .esf file solved the issue of blank page in object tab. (HL firmware 1.5.1, ETS 5). By the way on ETS 5 the esf export is in "extra" menu.
Nordom : Smart Building Integration
Intégrateur bâtiment intelligent
You can also use this tool for ESF conversion: http://openrb.com/convert/