This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Address filter
Question 
Hola,

Me gustaría saber cómo puedo crear un filtro de direcciones de grupo en la máquina lógica?
Hi,

Please use English next time (:

Under System -> Network -> KNX Connection there are 2 tabs for filters, 1 for incomming traffic and 1 for outgoing traffic. Here you can set filter policy and filter on physical addresses or group (range) addresses.

BR,

Erwin
Hi,
Sorry, I think the page translated the text before sending.

One question, these filters are handled between two devices? I do not know much about the subject and the manual does not specify this.
Thank you.
Hi,

Filters apply on all incomming and/or outgoing KNX IP traffic based on group address and/or device address.

This can be between controller and 1 or multiple device(s) in other lines.

Devices in the same line will always be communicating without filter and when using TP line couplers you need filter tables in the couplers. When using the controller as IP coupler the filters apply.

Filters are designed to avoid unneeded KNX telegrams in other lines. A standard twisted pair KNX line can support 40-50 telegrams per second depending on the size of the packet to be send.

BR,

Erwin
Thank you, Erwin.
I already understand the subject Smile