This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Ios Siri or Homekit support?
Hi,

I can think on lot’s of soluitions to use..

But the fact is that you must follow the official path and that means following the requirements that Apple has to be able to have a official homeKit.

That means invest in a lot of stuff like Apple standard packaging, manuals, logo’s, certification etcetera.

That automaticly result in a much more expansive controller, and that cannot be the way to go.

Next to that there are (comming) so many alternatives like Alexa and Google..

BR,

Erwin
Why does everybody keep saying there are alternatives coming? It doesn't matter for iPhone owners because 3rd party apps will never ever integrate with iphones native (handsfree) Siri & lockscreen. It is the one and only feature that matters. 

It can be done. Look at Thinka.eu. They pulled it off, will be delivered end of this month.
Also, LogicMachine advertised having homekit support two years ago already.

It's been a very long wait. Can OpenRB please be honest about this finally?

Will you release full HomeKit support soon, or did you deceive your customers boasting HomeKit support?
Prior to the release of ios 11.3 (released somewhere in march 2018 - so very recent!) the only way to have homekit-integration was by using an authentication-chip from Apple...
This was not easy to use and that would mean new LM-hardware with integration of that chip. This would mean buying a new LM...(good for openrb!!!)
See article https://www.imore.com/how-homekits-softw...tion-works

Now with ios11.3, software authentication is possible and allows homekit integration in existing products through software updates.

I also strongly believe that voicecontrol is something that is absolutely required in a product like LM. I am using siri/homekit for a while (thinka) and it is super to control lights, blinds, fireplace, heating, etc... by (dutch) voice from anywhere in the world. I am also using carplay in my car, just with the push on the button on the steering wheel I can voicecontrol my KNX-system from anywhere in the world while driving: open blinds, open the gate, turn the heating on, etc all by voice...and without opening any app/pushing a button in an app.
What i also see is that the need for a separate visualisation (very time intensive and costly to create!) to control your home-automation is becoming less and less important...the home-app allows for easy control, making of scenes, automation (geofencing works nicely), etc. and it all syncs to all your iphones/ipads.

Next step for me will be the apple homepod speaker: putting just one in your living room means control everything through voice-commands while also controlling your music...

I know that with google home/alexa you can do a lot of the above also but it is not yet everywhere available and not in all the native languages (like dutch in my case) and there is also the question of privacy...I still trust apple more than google/amazon with my data. With apple you have one easy homekit setup that allows control everywhere in the world using an ihone/ipad/watch, using your voice in dutch, siri in your car...all of this functionality in one system is very difficult to achieve with the competitors at the moment... 

What I also see is that customers with the money to install a full blown KNX/home automation system in their house most of the time also use iphones/ipads and other apple equipment.
I believe there will be a moment when a customer will require siri/homekit as mandatory for a domotics-installation. So I believe homekit-integration in LM will become mandatory also.

Hopefully we see homekit integration in LM somewhere soon...
Hi
Sorry guys I have to disappoint you. Software authentication is only allowed for none commercial use. It is useless in our case. To be able officially use homekit each manufacture has to join Apple MFI program. Apple is crazy about it and it takes from year to two to get trough it and once done you have to apply for homekit program. Only after that you are able to make homekit integration. Of course you have to pay Apple for everything during this process.
Sorry guys we didn't even started it and we are not planning too.
There are some hacks of homekit but we will not use it.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Erwin,

I have installed homebridge with the KNX plugin on my Synology NAS. However, I am struggling to get it to work because Homebridge requires a KNXD. As I have understood you are running homebridge on a Raspberry PI, are you using the SpaceLYnk as a KNXD (if possible) or have you set up a KNXD? If a new KNXD, does this effect the SL in any way?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

I don't use homebridge, i don't even have KNX in my house (:

A customer is using it, also active on this forum, i'm sure he will read this and answer your question..

BR,

Erwin
I use spaceLYnk and Raspi with homebridge too. But my installation is so old that I use eibd as KNX Backend with connection to spaceLYnk

KNXD should be possible in the same way.
(17.05.2018, 04:23)Habib Wrote: I use spaceLYnk and Raspi with homebridge too. But my installation is so old that I use eibd as KNX Backend with connection to spaceLYnk

KNXD should be possible in the same way.

Hi,
How did you set up the eibd towards the Spacelynk? 
The Homebridge I have running on my Synology requires and eibd connection or KNXD to work, but I just can't seem to get an eibd/KNXD to work...
When starting the homebridge with the knx plugin it just keeps looking for a connection that I just can't get up an running..
BR,
Mr.D
easy way is to install jeedom on raspi+homebridge+knx plugin and use Spacelynk/lmachine as backend (eibd).
Works great !

I would prefer to have Lmachine for all, but looks like impossible !
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
(30.10.2018, 20:37)domotiqa Wrote: easy way is to install jeedom on raspi+homebridge+knx plugin and use Spacelynk/lmachine as backend (eibd).
Works great !

I would prefer to have Lmachine for all, but looks like impossible !

My config now: homebridge+knx plugin+knxd on de pi -> multicast to LM4
My config goal: homebridge+knx plugin+eibd on my lm

What settings do you have to connect to eibd on the LM/HL/SL?
I use Jeedom with eibd/knxd plugin and homebridge plugin. I setup it to use LM as knx ip. and works great.

I would prefer a package in LM but can't find any package yet.
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT