This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Two power supplies in one line
Hello,

Is there a way to use two power supplies (640mA) in one knx line? Or is there any power supply with higher output than 640mA?

Thank you.
Hi
I think 640 is max for KNX line. Add repeater and then new PSU.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(09.07.2018, 07:52)Jayce Wrote: Hello,

Is there a way to use two power supplies (640mA) in one knx line? Or is there any power supply with higher output than 640mA?

Thank you.

Hello,
It takes at least 200 meters between two power supplies. 
It is therefore necessary to put a coupler and a second power supply (second line).
B.R.
Hi,

KNX specifies that you can use a power supply on both ends of the line with a minimal distance of 200m between each PSU (to avoid over-current / burned cables on short circuit)

I have seen this in practice and it's very hard to maintain. When you have a power interruption in one of the PSU's the other one will go into overload error and you can only boot it up again by enabling the PSU's at the same time.

My advice is to never do this, and always use a line coupler with new PSU. 

BR,

Erwin
you can by PSU 1280 mA (abb has it in their catalog)