This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Smartplug compatibility
I recently bought a NodOn smartplug Schuko and i have issues on controlling it from LM (no problem switching it on/off from a paired wall switch, though). I have installed it as a 05-01-02 Rocker Switch, 1 Rocker, but within LM I can only with it Off (0), when setting it to on (1) it switches on and instantly switches back to off (0). According to NodOn´s user guide, the smart plug follows the D2-01-0A EE which is not fully implemented by LM. Tried all profiles available, no success.

Any recommendations on any smart plugs available (2500+ W, euro socket) that can be used with LM?
Hi,

You can use any 4BS enocean device available, even when the profile is not available.

You need to create a script on a 4 byte object and get the bytes/bits from the received value as described in the EEP.

I created and uploaded some more complex scripts from EEP's that you could use as sample to make your device work. You can re-use the teach in part and all you need to change is the bit/byte splitting parts based on your EEP.

BR,

Erwin
(14.08.2017, 20:27)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

You can use any 4BS enocean device available, even when the profile is not available.

You need to create a script on a 4 byte object and get the bytes/bits from the received value as described in the EEP.

I created and uploaded some more complex scripts from EEP's that you could use as sample to make your device work. You can re-use the teach in part and all you need to change is the bit/byte splitting parts based on your EEP.

BR,

Erwin

Thanks Erwin. Where can I find your uploaded scripst?

BR Sven
Hi,

Check here: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...ht=enocean

BR,

Erwin
(14.08.2017, 13:43)ulvatne Wrote: I recently bought a NodOn smartplug Schuko and i have issues on controlling it from LM (no problem switching it on/off from a paired wall switch, though). I have installed it as a 05-01-02 Rocker Switch, 1 Rocker, but within LM I can only with it Off (0), when setting it to on (1) it switches on and instantly switches back to off (0). According to NodOn´s user guide, the smart plug follows the D2-01-0A EE which is not fully implemented by LM. Tried all profiles available, no success.

Any recommendations on any smart plugs available (2500+ W, euro socket) that can be used with LM?

Could you attach some screenshot what is it visible in Enocean tab. I'm currently deciding to buy this device? If it is not supported then is it possible to take this 4-byte value(like Erwin said) and deal with it?
Done is better than perfect
VLD (D2-... profiles) use different communication mechanism, raw 4-byte profile will only work for devices that support older 4BS profiles.
Maybe could you give some info how can I receive and send some RAW data in VLD?
Hi,

VLD (variable length data) is not supported, so that's not possible.

BR,

Erwin
Maybe via script? How can I read and send data from antenna? ulvatne said that some commands on this wallplug are working so it must be possible to prepare maybe only on/off commands version.

I've taught that Enocean is like KNX, but wireless but now I see that it isn't and the best modules aren't supportedSad In my opinion this 2 relays+2inputs module is only one which can be competitive with ZWAVE.

Or maybe do you know about at least 1 channel relay+input enocean module which is curretnly compatible with LM?
Unfortunately I see that currently there is no reliable wireless communication in LM. Maybe Enocean (but only old and only sensors). Zwave is very, very problematic what is visible from a lot of posts with problems. I'd love programming on LM but it still has a few very important lacks or bads:
- no doorphone(with video) solution,
- no complete wireless solution,
- no really cloud solution (possibility to read and write ga remotely without static IP, and fully access to controller to change scripts),
- modbus is nice but also I see that some devices work ~nice and LM can read values from them every few seconds but some has a really big problems (all this devices works perfectly with Modbus universal software)

EMBS now goes to another technologies like CANX and Zigbee and not updates EnOcean (and also Zwave app) which is currently only way to realize such functionality. And I think that without any Enocean flushmounted relays there is no really Enocean support. Maybe in the past Enocean was only for mounting pushbuttons on the glass or window but today it gives much more possibilities which solves real problems not only there are some eccentric solutions.

If it is about these 2 new technologies I am also not know if this wouldn't be like with ZWAVE which started 1 or 2 years ago and until today is not really reliable solution with defined range of stable working products which can be used for creating reliable wireless installation(or part of it) like KNX on cable.

Please think about update especially of Enocean or give some possibility to realize this without update.
(11.07.2018, 10:24)buuuudzik Wrote: Unfortunately I see that currently there is no reliable wireless communication in LM. Maybe Enocean (but only old and only sensors). Zwave is very, very problematic what is visible from a lot of posts with problems. I'd love programming on LM but it still has a few very important lacks or bads:
- no doorphone(with video) solution,
- no complete wireless solution,
- no really cloud solution (possibility to read and write ga remotely without static IP, and fully access to controller to change scripts),
- modbus is nice but also I see that some devices work ~nice and LM can read values from them every few seconds but some has a really big problems (all this devices works perfectly with Modbus universal software)

EMBS now goes to another technologies like CANX and Zigbee and not updates EnOcean (and also Zwave app) which is currently only way to realize such functionality. And I think that without any Enocean flushmounted relays there is no really Enocean support. Maybe in the past Enocean was only for mounting pushbuttons on the glass or window but today it gives much more possibilities which solves real problems not only there are some eccentric solutions.

If it is about these 2 new technologies I am also not know if this wouldn't be like with ZWAVE which started 1 or 2 years ago and until today is not really reliable solution with defined range of stable working products which can be used for creating reliable wireless installation(or part of it) like KNX on cable.

Please think about update especially of Enocean or give some possibility to realize this without update.
Thanks for very constructive feedback.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thanks for your response. Maybe could you attach some example how can I read/send data over antenna?
Quote:buuuudzik Wrote: 
Unfortunately I see that currently there is no reliable wireless communication in LM...

I have experimented with a variety of wireless technologies (zigbee, wifi, knx rf+) and for commercial projects i found knx rf as the more robust. It's native compatible with LM and never had any problems with any device i had tried, even those running on batteries. 
Nowadays with so many knx members providing so many knx rf products i don't see any reason to experiment with other protocols, at least not on commercial projects.
Hi,

I don't think KNX RF is the best choice, they use 868 MHz band and have no encryption, also the range is just like Z-Wave / Enocean often a issue.

I strongly believe that Zigbee and BLE are the wireless protocols for the future.. 

BR,

Erwin
KNX Secure RF+ is already hitting the market so encryption might not be the problem, also range wise I never had any problems even on on buildings with 30cm cement walls (repeater function of devices has to do with it). 
As for the 868MHz band it's not really a problem if you don't need the data rate... in some occasions it might be an advantage if you consider interference on the crowded 2.4GHz

In any case there are pros and cons for every technology, so at least for now, none of them are defacto. We still need to chose wise and experiment, after all that's "salt and pepper" of our job  Smile
gtsamis
Quote:buuuudzik Wrote: 
Unfortunately I see that currently there is no reliable wireless communication in LM...

I have experimented with a variety of wireless technologies (zigbee, wifi, knx rf+) and for commercial projects i found knx rf as the more robust. It's native compatible with LM and never had any problems with any device i had tried, even those running on batteries. 
Nowadays with so many knx members providing so many knx rf products i don't see any reason to experiment with other protocols, at least not on commercial projects.

But what kind a products you recommend (also which models)? Unfortunately I see that not every big KNX manufacturer has complete solution for this. Also if there is a plug there is without inputs for pushbuttons which is the big advantages of zwave and enocean products. You need also some line coupler which has some number of channels(16 not 64). As wireless solution KNX RF should be the support for cable installation but for me it is designed as very expensive as possible with very, very limited possibilities what today is incomprehensible. But I must test it to have a full view. Zigbee now is not certificated so there is no certainty what product will works with other and also every manuafacturer has its own vision about how its products should looks.

If you have some other thoughts then please reply but please if it is about new technologies(or partly new like KNX RF) tell not only about range but also which products are useful or what kind of products such technology doesn't have.

If it is about KNX RF I found nice design notes from MDT:
https://www.mdt.de/download/MDT_TI_RF_eng.pdf
Hi,

The most universal smart plugs are something like the Belkin Wemo's. They operate over Wi-Fi so you not adding any additional wireless, as long as your wireless coverage is good it works great. I have more than ten pieces running with a LM4. Haven't gone so far with the script to get the status but can turn them on\off nearly instantly.

Thanks,

Roger