This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Smartplug compatibility
gtsamis
Quote:buuuudzik Wrote: 
Unfortunately I see that currently there is no reliable wireless communication in LM...

I have experimented with a variety of wireless technologies (zigbee, wifi, knx rf+) and for commercial projects i found knx rf as the more robust. It's native compatible with LM and never had any problems with any device i had tried, even those running on batteries. 
Nowadays with so many knx members providing so many knx rf products i don't see any reason to experiment with other protocols, at least not on commercial projects.

But what kind a products you recommend (also which models)? Unfortunately I see that not every big KNX manufacturer has complete solution for this. Also if there is a plug there is without inputs for pushbuttons which is the big advantages of zwave and enocean products. You need also some line coupler which has some number of channels(16 not 64). As wireless solution KNX RF should be the support for cable installation but for me it is designed as very expensive as possible with very, very limited possibilities what today is incomprehensible. But I must test it to have a full view. Zigbee now is not certificated so there is no certainty what product will works with other and also every manuafacturer has its own vision about how its products should looks.

If you have some other thoughts then please reply but please if it is about new technologies(or partly new like KNX RF) tell not only about range but also which products are useful or what kind of products such technology doesn't have.

If it is about KNX RF I found nice design notes from MDT:
https://www.mdt.de/download/MDT_TI_RF_eng.pdf
Done is better than perfect

Messages In This Thread
Smartplug compatibility - by ulvatne - 14.08.2017, 13:43
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by ulvatne - 15.08.2017, 11:49
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by buuuudzik - 10.07.2018, 14:43
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by admin - 11.07.2018, 05:56
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by buuuudzik - 11.07.2018, 06:26
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by buuuudzik - 11.07.2018, 07:01
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by buuuudzik - 11.07.2018, 10:24
RE: Smartplug compatibility - by Daniel - 11.07.2018, 10:48