This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX Filtering
Hello I have a question.

Can use 1/1/8* in the filter table which means group addresses such as 1/1/80 , 1/1/81 will be accepted ? Or we can use only 1/1/* mode which line based

Regards
You can use ranges like 1/1/80-1/1/90
Hi Savas
I'm dropping answer to your email for other user to use this info.

1)What’s the meaning of SRC (Source) filtering
SRC is simply KNX physical address which is sending telegram like 1.1.1
2) What’s the meaning of DST (dEstination) filtering
DST is KNX group address to which telegram is sent, this is how you see it in conventional KNX IP router.
3) can i use 1/1/8* means all the group address with such as 1/1/80 , 1/1/81
Use 1/1/80-81, If you would do 1/1/* then all groups from 1/1/0-1/1/255 will apply to the policy
4) What happens when i check Filter local update telegrams  section
If you use in scripting function grp.update() then this telegram will be sent to IP even if you filter it. If you enable this option then those telegrams generated by script also will be filtered.  This was created before virtual objects were created. Today for internal objects virtual telegrams are recommend.

There is trick how you can read whole filter table from ETS. Do as fallow:
Let say in your architecture LM is placed as router for line 1.1 then you should add in ETS project any KNX IP router with physical address 1.1.0. Once your project is created you can right click on IP router and read filter table. You can copy the whole text and paste it to DST policy.   LM will convert all text to correct format and you only have to set policy to accept selected.

BR
Daniel
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(15.08.2017, 08:17)admin Wrote: You can use ranges like 1/1/80-1/1/90

Hello 
I try the range filter but it didn't work
Is there a new way for a range filter?
Best Regards,
What do you want to filter - incoming or outgoing telegrams? Does it work if you specify a single group address instead of a range?
(16.08.2021, 07:36)admin Wrote: What do you want to filter - incoming or outgoing telegrams? Does it work if you specify a single group address instead of a range?

oh Sorry, I miss the main object of this post.
I think this is about objects filter in the objects page  Blush

so is it possible to do a range filter in the object filter?  Smile
Best Regards,
You can only use wildcard (*), for more complex filtering you should use tags.