This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Mosaic visualisation - light version?
I have been looking at the Mosaic visualisation, and although it looks promising, I was kind off underwhelmed.

I have looked at the visuals that Paradox are posting about their software supposedly installed on LM's, but even after I updated Mosaic 2.0, the interface does not remotely look as the interface they are boasting to have built? (http://www.doxsw.com/)

I have an iPhone as well, but the switch buttons are not nearly as large on my phone. Also, the ones with paradox look styled with an icon, mine are just plain circles that move a bit? I tried with the ipad, but the green patch on top with the types of controls, never appears? I tried to search for a widget that might bring the functionality, but nothing comes close? Also the screenshots look as a native/non scrolling app...but mine is just a scrolling, too-large html5 app in either Chrome or Safari? Tried searching the app-store for an Apple app, but can't find that as well? Am I missing some info here?

Anyway, optical differences however unexplainable are not the biggest issue...

The interface is so slow waiting for updates from the server so it seems? When trying to tap multiple lights on, it just doesn't work....it switches the first, then freezes all input for a while. When you try to quickly reset a light to off that you just switched on, you need around 10 taps until the light finally responds again.

And it's not the front-end itself, as the slider animation and input *does* work. It's just for example all the switches on the lighting controls. When I would get stuck and could not get a light to turn on again, using the slider will respond promptly and turn the light on again. Definitely something going on with the input registration. And yes, I do click correctly, I zoomed in 400% so my finger could not miss, and it still would not register. On the PC....same thing. I even have issues going from one slider to another in a combined vertical...when you switch too fast, the other sliders will not register your drag.

Whats up? Does the LM only receive a light version? And these UI issues, are they being resolved or is this the way it will work?
Hi
This is not normal behaviour what you have. Try clearing browser cache and make sure you have latest browser.
I'm using Mosaic for long time and is very fast and responsive.
RB
(12.09.2017, 09:21)morak Wrote: Hi
This is not normal behaviour what you have.   Try clearing browser cache and make sure you have latest browser.
RB

Then I am not sure what is causing this issue, I tried:
  • Safari on iPhone7
  • Chrome on iPhone7
  • Safari on iPhone6
  • Chrome on iPhone6
  • Chrome on PC
  • Firefox on PC
  • Chrome on Laptop 1
  • Firefox on Laptop 1
  • Edge on Laptop 1
  • Chrome on Laptop 2
  • Safari on Macbook

They all have exactly the same issue. That would hardly be a browser cache issue I think?

But, does mosaic look like the link I sent you? Or does it look like the tuned down/simple version of mosaic?
(12.09.2017, 12:43)tss68nl Wrote:
(12.09.2017, 09:21)morak Wrote: Hi
This is not normal behaviour what you have.   Try clearing browser cache and make sure you have latest browser.
RB

Then I am not sure what is causing this issue, I tried:
  • Safari on iPhone7
  • Chrome on iPhone7
  • Safari on iPhone6
  • Chrome on iPhone6
  • Chrome on PC
  • Firefox on PC
  • Chrome on Laptop 1
  • Firefox on Laptop 1
  • Edge on Laptop 1
  • Chrome on Laptop 2
  • Safari on Macbook

They all have exactly the same issue. That would hardly be a browser cache issue I think?

But, does mosaic look like the link I sent you? Or does it look like the tuned down/simple version of mosaic?
Wow then you really tried hard! If you want you can send me your project and I will check it on my LM.
No of course not. I think that this Paradox webpage was just initial design but final implementation is what we have now.