This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

dim light less than 1 % (DPT=05.001 scale)
Hi !

In our project we have dimmable lights and we usually set dimming value with DPT=05.001 scale.
This time we are requested to dim lights less than 1%, which means we should dim them to 0.2~0.9%.

I tried sending value 0.2~0.9 to DPT=05.001 scale but all of my command seem to be executed as 0% and the lights never turned on.
However when I tried the same thing with KNX ETS monitoring tool, writing values like 0.2~0.9 was successful and the light actually turned on (while dim status is 0 which is still weird)

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do with DPT=05.001 scale? Should I change the datatype to do so?

Thank you so much!
Change data type to 1 byte unsigned integer and then you can send any value between 0 and 255.
Dear admin,

Thank you for your reply!! It is working as you said. ( :