This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

I can not seem to get an OR gate to work
Hello all.
I am very new to LUA and code in general, so I thought I would learn by doing eccept I seem to have come to a total dead end.
What I am trying to do is use an or gate that take the input from 4 different thermostats, with the output fed to a zone valve and hence call for the boiler to run.
I tried it in the FBeditor and that simply did nothing and the error log reported something along the lines a zero was being compared with a nul, that makes sence
if you can not treat a boolean as a number.
I then hoped there was some way to change a boolean to a number value, add the numbers togeather and if greater than zero send a true to the output, that did not work.
So frustrated I simply copied an entire script from an admins reply (Daniel I believe).
edited the tags, output address and or in the gate select.
I placed the script in resident, sure enough the boiler call address changed state, great I thought, messed with the thermostats but the boiler call address state never change.
Any help gladly recieved.
Share the script you used then we can help.
See this https://kb.logicmachine.net/scripting/lo...-statuses/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I found another script that works.
Many thanks