This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Again about semaphore
Hello
I understand that single resident script is better practice. And semaphore is not necessary in this case. But there are some other events (not only timer to start resident script) that can to cause access to RS485 bus. These events can be object change by modbus profile mapping engine or object change from visualization. So I see potential parallel access to RS485.
Now resident script is a test for semaphore usage. And I see that it logs output message continuously with proper timeout when semaphore is not used (commented) and only several logs when semaphore is used.
I think some script debug tips (set breakpoint, steps running) can to help me to describe the problem in more details. But I do not know does debug is available at all for scripts. Can you to suggest me something to implement and report you more information?

Thanks for tip with string.char method usage.

Messages In This Thread
Again about semaphore - by Andey - 23.11.2020, 19:53
RE: Again about semaphore - by admin - 24.11.2020, 07:46
RE: Again about semaphore - by Andey - 24.11.2020, 09:21