This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Zigbee lights
I have some questions regarding Zigbee and IKEA Tradfri light bulbs. I have previously been using the IKEA Tradfri Gateway and Home Assistant as a bridge between that and KNX. Have worked flawlessly, but I have not been happy with the amount of separate places to have config. Bought a LM5p2-KCDZ to replace both that and other gateways Smile But some problems/questions have arised:

1: When I set a certain brightness directly via KNX, it jumps back to the previous brightness untill it has reached the new one. Say I have a bulb with brightness 80%. If I enter 50%, it jumps straight back to 80% while the bulb transitions to 50% - then it shows to 50%. This is not KNX usually works..?

2: I can't really seem to find an explanation to the "Internal Level status" and "Calculated Level status" on the Zigbee configurationā€¦ As far as I can see they both work fine as Brightness feedback (except issue 1)

3: When I change the colour using KNX RGB, brightness seems to always change to 100%. Before getting the LM5 I used an IKEA Tradfri Gateway With Home Assistant as the Gateway between that and KNX. This did not happen thereā€¦

4: I don't understand why there can't be an RGB Value Status on the Zigbee Configuration, since there is both on/off status and internal level status? I'm using an event script on the RGB Value GA, to update a status GA - but is that the proper way? I guess it should be ok, since the only way to manipulate the RGB of the bulb is through the RGB value GA? But in general, I guess I should poll the value via Zigbee, not just send the value GA to a status GA? Or..?

I did not have any of these problems with the Tradfri Gateway and HomeAssistant combo, but I like LM so much better! Hopefully there are fixes/workarounds for these issues...

Regards,
Stian

Messages In This Thread
Zigbee lights - by stianj - 02.09.2024, 13:01
RE: Zigbee lights - by Daniel - 02.09.2024, 13:28
RE: Zigbee lights - by stianj - 02.09.2024, 20:03
RE: Zigbee lights - by admin - 03.09.2024, 08:04
RE: Zigbee lights - by stianj - 03.09.2024, 12:51
RE: Zigbee lights - by admin - 03.09.2024, 12:57