This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Single button short/long press, switch/dim
Hi

I'm quite new at this, and believe I completed my first real coding in LUA. The reason for this script was to be able to do lots of things using just one dumb push-button, connected to an input module. I scripted so that a short press switches the light ON/OFF, and a long press toggles between increasing and decreasing dimming, from a 1 bit input to a 4 bit dimming object. 

No question involved, just wanted to share, and hopefully maybe help some of you.

NOTE: Future expansion of the script involves changing the effekt whether it's day or it's night, where my girlfriend wakes up, gotta pee, and want to turn on several different lights on a very low brightness. Therefore the script, and not just the usage of the build-in dimming function.

Code:
tryk = event.getvalue()
            --- The pushbutton itself ---
trykgrp = '0/3/1'

--- Time in seconds, to destinguish between short- and long-press ---
longpress = 0.5

--- Latest Dimming Direction. true: UP, false: DOWN. ---
dimdir = storage.get('dimdirwalkin')
if dimdir == nil then
  dimdir = false
end
            --- Dimming object, usually 4-bit relative dimming object on fx DALI Gateway ---
dimobject = '0/0/32'

--- Feedback from light switch. ON/OFF---
lysgrp = '0/0/35'
lys = grp.getvalue(lysgrp)

--- Switch output ON/OFF ---
switch = '0/0/31'

--- Determins whether it has is dimming, and therefore needs a stop-signal. true: dimming, false: not dimming (can switch).---

dimming = storage.get('dimmingwalkin')
if dimming == nil then
  dimming = false
end

--- Script begins ---

--- It's a short press, and is currently NOT dimming, therefore acting as switch ---
if tryk == false and dimming == false then
  if lys == true then
    tscommand = false
  elseif lys == false then
    tscommand = true
  end
  grp.write(switch, tscommand)
end

--- Was dimming and needs a stop, hence the release of push-button ---
if tryk == false and dimming == true then
  if dimdir == false then
      value = 8
  elseif dimdir == true then
    value = 0
  end
  if value == 8 then
    dimdirnew = true
  elseif value == 0 then
    dimdirnew = false
  end

grp.write(dimobject, value)    

--- Updates latest dimming direction, and sets it out of dimming state ---
    storage.set('dimdirwalkin', dimdirnew)
  storage.set('dimmingwalkin', false)
end

os.sleep(longpress)

--- If push-button is still pressed, it's interpretted as long-press ---
tryk = grp.getvalue(trykgrp)

if tryk == true then
  if dimdir == false or lys == false then
      value = 9
  elseif dimdir == true and lys == true then
    value = 1
  end
  grp.write(dimobject, value)
  tryk = grp.getvalue(trykgrp)

--- Sets the dimmingstate, to get a stop-signal on release ---
  storage.set('dimmingwalkin', true)
end

Messages In This Thread
Single button short/long press, switch/dim - by PolymorphedCust - 12.09.2024, 19:54