This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Queueing and throttling in logic machine
Hello,

I have a system where at times, a good number of commands will be sent to the logic machine.
Currently, I am controlling the number of commands sent to the logic machine within my backend code of the system, setting delay times for each command because if I send too many commands at once, the CPU/load of the logic machine will increase and some commands are lost during the process.
I want to make it so that I can send the commands all at once, and queue the group addresses/values that have been sent within the Logic Machine, and execute grp.write() when the CPU/load is back to normal.

I would say I'm looking to implement something close to API rate limits, and I believe there are multiple ways to do this.
Any suggestions/recommendations on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Queueing and throttling in logic machine - by achang - Yesterday, 10:06