This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

MQTT Secure Websocket - FATAL Unknown CA
Hi,

does anyone have an idea what could be the problem here;

The setup is an MQTT broker running vernemq, with self-signed certificates using TLS 1.2 (certs were generated using i think ACME or certbot against a Letsencrypt CA).
The point is ofcourse that a client can connect over TLS-insecure (only hostname verification, to which it connects) with the broker, login and send messages.

On another client, which is a raspberry pi (raspbian), this runs without problems and without extra clientside keys/certs from a python script but on the logic machine i cant get it working.
I tried with uploading the Letsencrypt CA and referencing it from the Lua script but i keep seeing an error in the broker logs;

8:55:09.835 [info] <0.631.0> TLS server: In state certify received CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA

Ive tried setting TLS to v1.1 but that didn't do anything either.

Relevant LogicMachine packages:
libmosquitto 1.6.3-1
luamosquitto 0.3-5
luasocket 2.0.2-35
libopenssl 1.0.2o-1

Logic Machine:

require('socket')
mclient:login_set('someuser', 'somepass')
mclient = require('mosquitto').new("id:someid", true)
mclient:tls_set('/data/ftp/ca.pem')
mclient:tls_insecure_set(true)

function mconnect()
    local fd

log('DEBUG: 1st connection attempt')
    local ok, rc = mclient:connect(somedomainname, 8883, 60)

fd = mclient:socket()

if fd then
      mclientfd = fd
      log('DEBUG: succesfully connected')
    else
      log('Connection attempt failed')
    end
  end

SERVER:

listener.wss.cafile = /etc/vernemq/fullchain.pem
listener.wss.certfile = /etc/vernemq/cert.pem
listener.wss.keyfile = /etc/vernemq/privkey.pem