This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Status feedback from script in LUA [SOLVED]
Hi. 
Just started looking into LUA and it seems very powerfull. As I am quite a beginner to this, I must admit that I am not sure what is "best practices" for LUA, but I have tested some simple Programming and enjoy it. 

Just made 4 basic "scenes" controlling DALI lights, Hue lights, Floor heating, Power sockets etc. Later also controlling AC, ventilation, Weather station, Water guard and other features.  These  scripts can now be controlled from push buttons and through "Wiser Touch" Visual user Interface when sending the Group addresses to the KNX-bus. 
So far all good. 

It would be great to actual get a feedback in "Touch" app and see the status of the "scene" activated and display this. Preferably in the  "Wiser Touch app", Maybe also in the push button (Schneider Multitouch Pro). I understand that this is not a "scene" by legitime KNX means, but more like a script that activates a series of functions and logic. I see this can be very powerfull.  

I am guessing there is a way of either setting/Writing a global variable or Write a status  in LUA to the Wiser (Logic Machine) which later can be read/retrieved in the "Touch".  Either as a active scene number" or directly as a text string. I am not sure what is best practice here, and where to start.   

I would Guess something like this
1. Write function from within the "scene" script (Either to Storage, database or global variable?)
2. Read function which can be displayed in the "Wiser Touch" user interface

Anyone who can help me in the right direction here? It would be great with script examples explaning the basics. 

Thanks.
Schneider Wiser (homeLynk), Power Tags, DALI, Multitouch Pro, Panasonic Heating pump, Flexit balansed ventilation, HUE integration, Lemus Speaker system. Tibber integration.

Messages In This Thread
Status feedback from script in LUA [SOLVED] - by stemic01 - 26.11.2019, 11:41