This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem : Email with Wiser for KNX
(09.06.2022, 20:17)christiaens.t Wrote: Hi,

My gmail scripts suddenly stopped working as well. Apparently google stopped supporting applications that do not provide the required security level as from May 30.
However there's a workaround => enable the 2 step authentication in your google account and then create a specific application password for the app (LogicMachine/W4K) that you want to use without the need for 2-step authentication. Copy the password you created and use this as the password in your lua script in stead of your normal google account password.
This worked for me....

Thijs

Thanks, indeed this is working.

(15.06.2022, 12:41)SuperKNX64 Wrote: Hi,

I have the same issue and I'm glad I could find your answer. However, it does not appear to work for me. Even though I set up a new application password and put it in the email function parameter structure as regular password, I still get the following error:

534-5.7.9 Application-specific password required. Learn more at

534 5.7.9  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=InvalidSecondFactor [...]

Would you mind sharing what you put in the "server", "port" and "secure" fields?
Also, what is supposed to be in the "user" field?

Note that I have managed to send emails through another, less secure provider. I am still willing to use gmail though ; I believe 2 step auth is becoming a standard.

this are my settings for google mail;

settings = {
  -- "from" field, only e-mail must be specified here
  from = 'myemailadres@gmail.com',
  -- smtp username
  user = 'myemailadres@gmail.com',
  -- smtp password
  password = 'mypassword',
  -- smtp server
  server = 'smtp.gmail.com',
  -- smtp server port
  port = 465,