This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Visualisation without password for LM4 inside the local LAN
Hi,

I have a smart flat with lots of LAN/wireless devices, and some of them I use occasionally to connect to LM4: a tablet, an iPhone, a Sony Bravia Android TV and the Schneider 7" Touch Panel. 

My request:

1. On the local LAN I would like to access the LM4 without password and I am still asked every time for a password. (note that my external IP is 94.137.xxx.xxx:2000 and the local network IP of LM4 is 10.20.30.5)

Is there any way to make an account on LM4 that does not requires user/pwd while being on the local LAN? Can I limit, for example, to give access just to some devices from the LAN that have a specific MAC address, to be able to access LM4 without password?

I don’t need an user/password for something that is on an internal LAN and can control the LM4. Of course, as the LM4 needs to be accessed from the outside WAN, there I need an user/password.

2. I need a dedicated viewer account for viewing and controlling the system, and not an admin account. The viewer account account should only see the regular menu without LogicMachine (configurator), System Config and Mosaic Admin configuration menus.

My Setup:

I have a main router Linksys WRT1200AC, cascaded on a Gigabit Ethernet Linksys Smart Switch (LGS326P with PoE) network with 10.20.30.xx IP range, where the Smart TV, Sonos and computers are located.

Do you have currently a technical suggestion regarding how to do this separation of users with and without password? My smart TV has Opera browser which is asking me all the time the user/pwd after reboot and it’s really annoying, even if I use the format http://<user>:<pass>@serveradress:port as bookmarked link.

Hopefully, the multi-user request will be a feature which will be implemented on a future firmware upgrade, as I am in big need of it, especially if it would have a MAC admission/blocking address filter feature active.

Thank you,
Andreas

Messages In This Thread
Visualisation without password for LM4 inside the local LAN - by andeug - 09.10.2016, 17:44