This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

[solved] Most efficient way to get sum of all light states?
Hi,

at moment I search for a way to get a total sum of all Lights in my house with state on. The same I have for opened windows and it works for me, but I think my way is not much elegenat.

I have create one KNX Object for the sum count total. Then I created on each windows object an event which gets the value from the total sum and add or substract the total value (+1 or -1).
That works because are only few windows (19) and the action on that is very slow. But if I try to do it for my downlights on the same way it doesn't works.

I have 110 Downlights in my house and each of them has its own status object. I have done that, because I use many different scenes and wants to have in all ways the exact visualisiation. In my living room I have 30 downlights and If I do the calculation in that way I described before, It calculates every times wrong.

In next step I reverted that and put the calculation in the event script of the event trigger (switch/button) and do the calculation for the whole group (+3 or +24 and so on). But it doesn't work also. In some cases it works, in other combination not... 

My idea is now to create a functionality to get the status of all tagged objects (maybe tag: "downlight status") on every 2 minutes. but the disadvantage is, that I have much more traffic and CPU/Bus load.

What is the best way to do such functionality?

Thank you forwards

BR
Habib

Messages In This Thread
[solved] Most efficient way to get sum of all light states? - by Habib - 05.01.2017, 08:08