This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SONOS app
Hi,

That’s not the api of the Sonos app, but yes that will work fine (:

BR,

Erwin
Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this post is here, but I hope to help someone, because I didn´t see this information in the forum, to control SONOS Play Mode and very important (for me) the Sleep function.

upnpavcmd('*IP*', 1400, 'SetPlayMode', '<NewPlayMode>*The Play mode desired*</NewPlayMode>')
the differents Play Modes are: NORMAL, REPEAT_ALL, SHUFFLE_NOREPEAT, SHUFFLE (with repeat All)

The Sleep Function:
upnpavcmd(*IP*, 1400, 'ConfigureSleepTimer', '<NewSleepTimerDuration>00:00:00</NewSleepTimerDuration>')

Best Regards.
What is the progress on the new Sonos App?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Still in development, no ETA yet..

BR,

Erwin
The app is finished only now Sonos has to certify it. They need controller and the app to test it.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Is that how it works with the new Sonos API? They have to physically validate all equipment that uses their API? If so, that’s slightly insane..
(17.10.2018, 09:31)FatMax Wrote: Is that how it works with the new Sonos API? They have to physically validate all equipment that uses their API? If so, that’s slightly insane..

YES, Sonos want to control everything.
Ctrl+F5
(17.10.2018, 09:43)Daniel. Wrote:
(17.10.2018, 09:31)FatMax Wrote: Is that how it works with the new Sonos API? They have to physically validate all equipment that uses their API? If so, that’s slightly insane..

YES, Sonos want to control everything.

Hi Daniel,

Why they cannot just buy a controller to perform their tests ? It is very strange !

B.R,

Chouaibou.
Hi,

What so strange on a certification path? I think it’s more then normal that Sonos has build a API and allows only certified hardware and software to use the API to protect it from uncontrolled connections.

So yes that means a certification path on apps and devices but you see this everywhere.

BR,

Erwin
(20.10.2018, 07:23)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

What so strange on a certification path? I think it’s more then normal that Sonos has build a API and allows only certified hardware and software to use the API to protect it from uncontrolled connections.

So yes that means a certification path on apps and devices but you see this everywhere.

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,
Thank you for your clarification. There are more and more open sources, sometimes we forget proprietary API requirements.

B.R,
Chouaibou.
Hei Daniel,

Is there a ETA on the approval?
Are we talking about this year, or 1st quarter next year?
BR,
Mr.D
Nobody knows.
Ctrl+F5
(01.11.2018, 18:48)Daniel. Wrote: Nobody knows.

Any new things to report here?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

I know we passed certification, should not take long anymore..
Hi Guys,

one question. How can i create a new sonos group address? Or to synchronize the GA with Sonos App. When I installed the app, the group addresses were created automatically. Unfortunately I wanted to move these group addresses from 1/0/4 to e.g. 5/0/0. Therefore I deleted the addresses (objects) at that time. Now I don't get these objects anymore. How do I do that?

The other question is: is there a group address for "Shuffle" and for grouping Sonos speakers that i can use for??
Hi
The group address in this app are added automatically. Go to Utilities->General config ->Automatic address range start. This will change the range from where the groups will be added.
BR
Ctrl+F5
i have changed the settings, but the objects or group addresses are not displayed
Hi,

I think you need to remove it first by long pressing the player in the app and then add it again by long pressing.

BR,

Erwin
(23.02.2019, 18:35)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

I think you need to remove it first by long pressing the player in the app and then add it again by long pressing.

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin, 

what do you mean with "long pressing the player in the app"?

Thanks
Christian
In sosos app in the left menu where you have list of players. Just long press on one and you should have option to delete it from the app. Then just add it once more and groups will be created.
Ctrl+F5