This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Solutions for simple programing?
Hi.

I am doing my best to learn LUA but its extremly hard and I can´t get it to work as I want. Have been working with computers my whole life (not programming) and have an Phd but still, noluck.

I used to programme the LM with Block programming before they removed that and have now tried Fbeditor but thats just LUA again but with symbols so no luck. The instructions are partial without examples that are usefull, unless your used to programming, I guess. 

Does anyone have a good program you could recomend to program LUA visually, more like FB was before?

Thx
Adam
(26.12.2018, 11:26)kenjirosama Wrote: Hi.

I am doing my best to learn LUA but its extremly hard and I can´t get it to work as I want. Have been working with computers my whole life (not programming) and have an Phd but still, noluck.

I used to programme the LM with Block programming before they removed that and have now tried Fbeditor but thats just LUA again but with symbols so no luck. The instructions are partial without examples that are usefull, unless your used to programming, I guess. 

Does anyone have a good program you could recomend to program LUA visually, more like FB was before?

Thx
Adam

Hi Adam.

Here is a link to blockly you could use. 

https://developers.google.com/blockly/

//Rauschentofft
Blockly was removed because it was nearly the same as writing code, the only difference is that you don't need to know Lua syntax. FBeditor is more or less what PLC users are used to. Keep in mind that due to how FB logic is programmed the resulting code can be sub-optimal.
Thank you so much for your reply!!
(28.12.2018, 16:59)admin Wrote: Blockly was removed because it was nearly the same as writing code, the only difference is that you don't need to know Lua syntax. FBeditor is more or less what PLC users are used to. Keep in mind that due to how FB logic is programmed the resulting code can be sub-optimal.

Thank you very much for your reply.

As I am not accustomed to programming it is a huge difference between programing LUA or using FB. Removing FB also removed a potential customer group, a pretty large one at that.

The FBeditor is good, but much more complicated and even easy operations such as inverting an incoming signal takes programing skill so it is not for ordinarie consumers. 

If LM want to be a product for programers then this was the right choice, otherwise it was not.

Sincerely