This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Last DALI device not working
Hi! 

I now have the strange problem of the last device in the bus not getting messages. Do I have to do something to be able to do that?
(29.12.2018, 16:34)managementboy Wrote: Hi! 

I now have the strange problem of the last device in the bus not getting messages. Do I have to do something to be able to do that?

Hi managementboy,
If you are sure of the correct dali bus cabling (D1 terminal of the device n -------> D1 terminal of the device n+1D2 terminal of the device -------> D2 terminal of the device n+1 , maximum standard bus length no more than 350 meters), you can perform a simple test by removing the last device and connect any other working device (gear / led) at the same location and then perform devices discovery process. By doing this, you will be able to know if you have a bus or device problem. This is the simplest and efficient method to debbug your hardware installation. Another method is to use oscilloscope with a dedicated software to reccord and read dali messages on the dali bus.

PS : Some devices are labelled DALI, but they are not compliant with DALI standard.

B.R,
Chouaibou.
Hi!

Easy way to check - take tester or DC voltmeter. Voltage on standart DALI line shoud be 18V DC (Standart Dali Power supply) . Works fine up 15V DC. If less - can be problems.. Some OSRAM DALI devices give more than 18V voltage to BUS. May be depend from signalling on DALI bus, we just measure DC part of voltage..

Please take attention to some Touch-Dim DALI ballasts, with them you can Swich On/Off or dim your light connecting phase (230V AC) to DALI input. !!!!!!!! NOT COMPATIBLE to standard DALI ballasts, they will be killed connecting such way..

BR, Happy New Year,
Alex
Sorry, maybe I did not explain my problem correctly. I have two Lunatone Dali dimmers. Each has 4 devices. They show up as 0-3 on one Lunatone and 4-7 on the second. The 7th output does not react to any command. But it is detected. See this screenshot:

If I attach the stripe I had on a different channel I get perfect dimming and commands. I feel like there is a bug somewhere
Does it react to broadcast commands sent from scripts?
(05.01.2019, 17:57)admin Wrote: Does it react to broadcast commands sent from scripts?

Tested, yes it does, but it does not change the real output. I think I have to send the device back to where I bought it from.
I plan to buy some Lunatone dimmers, can you please write model you use??
Alex
(05.01.2019, 22:02)AlexLV Wrote: I plan to buy some Lunatone dimmers, can you please write model you use??
Alex

Hi, I bought 2 of the DIN Models found here. 89453832-HS DALI 4Ch LED Dimmer 16A Din Rail.

Need to buy a third, as I have more LED sections than I first anticipated.