This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

BACNET CLIENT
Hello,
I would like to use the BACNET CLIENT apps to retrieve BACNET objects. When I use the BACNET apps I can not find all the BACNET participants. 

On the other hand, when I use this script:

res=io.readproc('bacwi')
log(res)

So I find all the participants well (1.1.10.242 is a Bacnet gateway/IP to MS/TP adapter with 14 air conditioning cassettes behind) :

* string: 9268 1.1.10.242
1600001 1.1.10.241
16001 1.1.10.242
16002 1.1.10.242
16003 1.1.10.242
16004 1.1.10.242
16005 1.1.10.242
16006 1.1.10.242
16007 1.1.10.242
16008 1.1.10.242
16009 1.1.10.242
16010 1.1.10.242
16011 1.1.10.242
16012 1.1.10.242
16013 1.1.10.242
16014 1.1.10.242

We found them a first time with a scan that lasted 30 minutes but today nothing. 
Do you think it is only the connection via VPN that could be problematic? We are on a SpaceLynk.
Thank you for your understanding.
B. R.
With this amount of objects the app shouldn't have any problems. Why via VPN?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(19.06.2019, 16:13)Daniel. Wrote: With this amount of objects the app shouldn't have any problems. Why via VPN?

Via VPN to connect to a customer. 
I had started one of the BACNET devices on site but the company did not set up the Bacnet / IP to MS / TP converter.
(19.06.2019, 16:16)Gadjoken Wrote:
(19.06.2019, 16:13)Daniel. Wrote: With this amount of objects the app shouldn't have any problems. Why via VPN?

Via VPN to connect to a customer. 
I had started one of the BACNET devices on site but the company did not set up the Bacnet / IP to MS / TP converter.

For accuracy I have on the same network two other SpaceLynk and a Wiser4KNX 
I put disable on each for the server and I even deleted the BACNET CLIENT applications. 
having done a scan with another product can not impact this problem?
B.R.
Hi,

No, a WhoIs simply sends a broadcast on the network and all devices in this network should reply on the request, no matter if an other device already requested this.

The client app is only available on BAC0 (47808), is your BACnet network set on this network?

BR,

Erwin
If you have another client talking to the server this can impact only the server. This app is meant to be used only in small installation. If you have device with a lot of objects here I mean above 50 then the app will struggle.
Ctrl+F5
My BACnet network is well defined on this network.
I have already succeeded after 1 hour of waiting to have all the participants.
I already have two participants activated with 24/150 objects put on the KNX and 5/300 objects put on the KNX.
By disabling the BACNET on the one with 300 objects the scan is always so long and I can not find the other participants ...
On the other hand when I use a SPACELYNK in version 2.0.1 (ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)) then I find them VS a 2.3.0 (ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)) is the difference only ...
The scan is long and I still have not found the items in these new participants on the SPACELYNK 2.0.1 (ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l))
should I use this one with an update to version 2.3.0?
B.R.
Sorry but I don't get your architecture. How many bacnet servers with how many objects do you have?
1H is way too long.
Ctrl+F5
Here is the basic configuration of all the material that should be reassembled on a Spacelynk.
When I search the servers BACNET I find only the heat pump and the C.T.A. I passed in Modbus IP thereafter for the C.T.A (Lot of objects).
On the second Spacelynk I manage to find all the cassettes with the BACNET gateway IP to PS / TP (With 14 air conditioning cassettes behind) I would like to go up the temperature of each room and set tapes.

when I click on one of the tapes on the second SPACELYNK version 2.0.1 (ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)) the application turns but finds no objects. 
On the first as said I do not find them when looking for BACNET server.
Is it possible to perform a mapping of the objects of a BACNET server from a script? 
then choose the objects in order to write them on the KNX?
See if since the scripts these work?
B.R.

Attached Files
.pdf   SYNOPTIQUE BACNET.pdf (Size: 105.46 KB / Downloads: 30)
.pdf   SPACELYNK BACNET DEVICE 1.pdf (Size: 42.16 KB / Downloads: 39)
.pdf   SPACELYNK 2.pdf (Size: 793.47 KB / Downloads: 28)
.pdf   CONFIG PASSERELLE.pdf (Size: 28.34 KB / Downloads: 26)
I asked SE to contact you, it is those app based on our client. If you want to use script them you better uninstall the app and install our bacnet client package.
Ctrl+F5
(20.06.2019, 13:17)Gadjoken Wrote: Here is the basic configuration of all the material that should be reassembled on a Spacelynk.
When I search the servers BACNET I find only the heat pump and the C.T.A. I passed in Modbus IP thereafter for the C.T.A (Lot of objects).
On the second Spacelynk I manage to find all the cassettes with the BACNET gateway IP to PS / TP (With 14 air conditioning cassettes behind) I would like to go up the temperature of each room and set tapes.

when I click on one of the tapes on the second SPACELYNK version 2.0.1 (ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)) the application turns but finds no objects. 
On the first as said I do not find them when looking for BACNET server.
Is it possible to perform a mapping of the objects of a BACNET server from a script? 
then choose the objects in order to write them on the KNX?
See if since the scripts these work?
B.R.

Hello,
please contact with issues about BACnet client application or spaceLYnk controller official Schneider Electric support in order solve the issues in a proper way. You can contact me in PM to give you right contact if you do not have.
Hi,
I just tried with a LM5p2-KC and here is what it displays during the SCAN. The server side LM is disabled ...
B. R.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Disable bacnet server. Client and server can't be used at the same time.
Ctrl+F5
(21.06.2019, 08:31)Daniel. Wrote: Disable bacnet server. Client and server can't be used at the same time.

The Bacnet Server is disable...
B.R.

strange, try rebooting LM.
With this port you could even have it enabled as it is only not allowed to have both on the same port/network
Ctrl+F5
But when i use Bacnet Discovery tool i have All participant and Objects.

If you have info of all the objects you can use them is script for control. The scan is just to give you information what to use in script.
Ctrl+F5
(21.06.2019, 10:15)Daniel. Wrote: If you have info of all the objects you can use them is script for control. The scan is just to give you information what to use in script.

Hi,

I managed to get the data on one of the cassettes after all the weekend on it. I would like to know if my script is good to order a multistate value:

value = 1
bacnet.write (16001, 'multi-state value', 3, value)

Device ID 16001
Object type Multistate value 

object ID 3
B.R.

if I want for example to read and write the value 3 (Multistate value) with a priority of 8 see attached?

require('bacnet')
bacnet.write(16001, 'multistate value', 3, 2, 8)
it does not work.

B.R.

Hi
Did you look here for examples?
http://openrb.com/logicmachine-as-bacnet-client/
Object type should be 'multi-state value'
BR
Ctrl+F5
(24.06.2019, 07:31)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Did you look here for examples?
http://openrb.com/logicmachine-as-bacnet-client/
Object type should be 'multi-state value'
BR

Yes multi-state value.

bacnet.write(16002, 'multi-state value', 3, 2, 8)
but the structure is good with priority 8 ?
B.R.