This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ModBus - SE CVM
Hi,

I wish I had bit more experience with ModBus, but sadly I don't, hence the question here.

See attached screenshot. I'm making a profile for this equipment and I only need 4 registers. L1 current, L2 current, L3 current and active power for all phases. I'm after the data in the Instant column. Now, it seems the data is supplied through 2 adresses...? 02-03 points to L1 current (HEX I presume), so how do I combine these two to give me the right result?

Use RTU read test. Set address to 0, data type to uint32 and try different read swap values until you get a valid reading.
(23.10.2019, 10:12)admin Wrote: Use RTU read test. Set address to 0, data type to uint32 and try different read swap values until you get a valid reading.

That worked and I should have been able to figure that out myself.

Just one question; when polling register 02 (Decimal: 2) I got a correct and expected result. However, when polling register 03 (Decimal: 3) I got "Illegal *something". Why have they put two different registers in that table? Thanks for your help.

For future reference, if anyone has a Scandinavian Electric CVM Mini MC they need to get the amp results from, the decimals are:

L1 current, 2
L2 current, 12
L3 current, 22

Active power, 24

I have added a multiplier; 0,001 to the json profile.
While using uint32 you are reading 2 registers 02 and 03. Single register in modbus is 16bit.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(23.10.2019, 11:03)Daniel. Wrote: While using uint32 you are reading 2 registers 02 and 03.  Single register in modbus is 16bit.

Ah, everything makes sense now. Thank you!