This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Connect driver DALI to LM5p2-RD !
Hi everybody ! Everyone please help me. I do not know why?
I have 2 Dali drivers and I want to use the DALI function in LM5p2-RD(LM5 Reactor Dimmer KNX  firware:20191015). But I can't scan any Dali Driver in DALI / Gateways / GW-internal?
Before I work with this DALI part, do I need to write a script or any code? I really don't know yet ..
Hope everybody help please !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need an external DALI power supply.
(28.03.2020, 10:47)admin Wrote: You need an external DALI power supply.
Thanks Admin! But I do not understand, because my driver has 220V power supply pins, and 2 separate DALI pins. So do I need to use DALI Power supply? Because these 2 drivers I installed on Jung's 2099REGHE device (Jung's DALI gateway device), it received and ok fine. I also tried inverting the + and + pins in the driver, but it still didn't work ! Sad
DALI requires a separate power supply just as KNX does. Some gateways have a built-in power supply but not all of them. Internal gateway on LM5 does not have a power supply so you need an external DALI PSU. Note that your LM has two separate DALI lines so you should either connect both ballasts to one line or otherwise you will need two DALI power supplies.
(30.03.2020, 05:08)admin Wrote: DALI requires a separate power supply just as KNX does. Some gateways have a built-in power supply but not all of them. Internal gateway on LM5 does not have a power supply so you need an external DALI PSU. Note that your LM has two separate DALI lines so you should either connect both ballasts to one line or otherwise you will need two DALI power supplies.
Thanks admin! Is this it? Which should I buy?
Https: //www.tridonic.com/com/en/products/DALI_PS2.asp
Smile
Any this one will work too.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5