This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Mosaic Cloud Off Line
Hello, I am having problems with Mosaic when accessing from the cloud.

When I restart LM it works perfectly, but after several hours, they are not always the same, sometimes after 5, 7, 18, etc ... hours, LM stops sending data to the cloud mosaic.

If I access the LM via local network, it works perfectly, but the Cloud Mosaic and the OpenVPN VPN tunnel stop working, until I restart the LM again.

How can I find out the problem?

Thank you.
Check OpenVPN logs in System Config, there might be some useful info on why VPN connection is dropped.
For which purpose are you using VPN? If you only need it for remote access then you can disable change of default route/gateway on LM so VPN is not used for cloud or any other outside resource access.
(30.07.2020, 06:25)admin Wrote: Check OpenVPN logs in System Config, there might be some useful info on why VPN connection is dropped.
For which purpose are you using VPN? If you only need it for remote access then you can disable change of default route/gateway on LM so VPN is not used for cloud or any other outside resource access.

Hello, when you go offline in openVPN status it says:

Thu Jul 30 18:18:08 2020 Restart pause, 300 second (s)
Thu Jul 30 18:18:08 2020 SIGUSR1 [soft, init_instance] received, process restarting
Thu Jul 30 18:18:08 2020 Could not determine IPv4 / IPv6 protocol
Thu Jul 30 18:18:08 2020 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com:1194 (Try again)
Thu Jul 30 18:18:03 2020 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com:1194 (Try again)
Thu Jul 30 18:12:58 2020 Restart pause, 300 second (s)

I use the OPENVPN function to be able to remotely connect to the LM from my office and be able to make improvements, changes, access trends, etc ...

But the problem is not that OpenVPN stops working, openVPN stops working and mosaic also stops sending data to the cloud.

If I restart LM, everything returns to normal and after several hours it fails again.

From the local network it works perfectly.
Which DNS are you using? Maybe try a different one.
(30.07.2020, 16:39)admin Wrote: Which DNS are you using? Maybe try a different one.

DNS 1: 8.8.8.8

DNS 2: 1.1.1.1
Try adding these lines to OpenVPN client config:
Code:
pull-filter ignore "route-gateway"
pull-filter ignore "dhcp-option DNS"
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8"
push "dhcp-option DNS 1.1.1.1"
I have tried to put those lines, but in OpenVPN Status it tells me:

Use --help for more information.
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter (s) in /etc/openvpn-lm.ovpn:6: push (2.4.9)

I have purchased another LM and have it in my office for another project.

I have tried to put in Mosaic a Widget that shows a temperature.

Initially it works perfectly, but after a time (hours or days) mosaic cloud stops receiving data and freezes with the latest data.

There are already two LMs with the same problem and in different facilities.

I just changed the DNS, to see if it is the solution.
Try will only two first lines (pull-filter).
(03.08.2020, 15:11)admin Wrote: Try will only two first lines (pull-filter).
With the first two lines the VPN tunnel does work.

I will leave it to test to see if Mosaic does not disconnect from the cloud.
(03.08.2020, 15:11)admin Wrote: Try will only two first lines (pull-filter).

For now the LM does not seem to disconnect from Mosaic, the change you told me seems to work.

Thank you very much.