This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI Gateway doesn't detect DALI drivers
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased an (LM5p2-DW1 running firmware version: 20230612) for a home automation project that includes devices using many protocols like KNX, DALI, Modbus, and DMX. This is my first time using LM, for Modbus and KNX it worked very well, but I had a problem with DALI, when I scan devices, I don't get any result. 
I had to use a Dell laptop charger (Output measured using voltmeter is 17 Vdc) as a DALI power supply because I couldn't find an official DALI power supply in the local market. I intend to order a DALI PS online, but till I receive it I used the charger. I started with one DALI device connected to the gateway as per connection diagram shown in page 12 in datasheet. Is using a charger wrong? Could you please help me detect the reason why DALI devices are not detected on scan?
I am attaching some photos for clarification. 

You need a real DALI power supply. Standard power supply does not have the required circuitry to allow DALI messages to be transmitted on the bus.
(29.11.2023, 07:41)admin Wrote: You need a real DALI power supply. Standard power supply does not have the required circuitry to allow DALI messages to be transmitted on the bus.

Thanks a lot for your response, I am working on getting a one. I just read this post in the forum:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...7#pid25197
This what made me think it is possible to use a standard power supply.
Stand-alone CANx-DALI device has a built-in power supply converter where you can connect a standard 15-19V PSU. LM with a built-in DALI port does not have such converter.
(29.11.2023, 08:32)admin Wrote: Stand-alone CANx-DALI device has a built-in power supply converter where you can connect a standard 15-19V PSU. LM with a built-in DALI port does not have such converter.

Again, THANKS A LOT Admin Smile