This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Homelynk sd card?
Question 
I have problems with Homelynk freezing in a ethernal loop during boot when tmpfs is full.. So I have to do a "paperclip in the hole type reset".

I have fund that this is due to to many trand logs filling it up.

So I have a working homelynk again after some testing, but not room for more trend logs.

So I was wondering.. I saw something about a SD-card. Does my homelynk have SD card under the hood?

If so, can I copy this over to a new (and bigger) sd card? I'm pretty familiar with embedded systems so the rest should be no problem, but I cannot find any information if there is actually a SD card or just a flash onboard emulating sd card. 

regards
Thomas
Trends are stored in RAM to reduce SD card wear and then are copied back to SD every 30 minutes. This means that increasing the SD card capacity will not help. The only thing you can do is lower the number of trends or use lower precision.
(15.02.2017, 12:43)admin Wrote: Trends are stored in RAM to reduce SD card wear and then are copied back to SD every 30 minutes. This means that increasing the SD card capacity will not help. The only thing you can do is lower the number of trends or use lower precision.

Hi,

Thanks for you answer. I guess 5 minute resolution 10 years back isn't that interresting..

But out of curiousity,, what about the SD card? Is it there?

regards
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Yes there is a SD card, but this card is holding the complete OS of the system. The only thing you can do is flash it as a image and replace it fully back to another SD card.
You cannot change anything in the image because of file and folder permissions that will be changed and break the OS.

If you flash a image from a 4GB card to a 8GB card the format of the 8GB will be decreased by the image back to 4GB so it won't help you in any way to try this.

BR,

Erwin
(15.02.2017, 13:06)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi Thomas,

Yes there is a SD card, but this card is holding the complete OS of the system. The only thing you can do is flash it as a image and replace it fully back to another SD card.
You cannot change anything in the image because of file and folder permissions that will be changed and break the OS.

If you flash a image from a 4GB card to a 8GB card the format of the 8GB will be decreased by the image back to 4GB so it won't help you in any way to try this.

BR,

Erwin

Thanks Erwin,

Thats nice to know. I guess its behind the plastic.

I fully understand the issues related to "hacking" with the SD card and partitioning etc. I was just wondering.

regards
Thomas