This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Knx secure over ip
Just a question before i made this.

I have 2 logicmachines connected over ip.

LM1: have 2 secure groupaddresses 10/7/1 and 10/7/2 and i can monitor and control these groupaddress in the lm, because i use the dummy from the example.

LM2: how to control and monitor 10/7/1 and 10/7/2 from LM2? Do i need to configure something to get this working?
You need dummy devices for both LMs. Import same ETS project into both LMs.
Under Utilities there is an option to transfer group addresses from logic machine 1 to logic machine 2 via remote services. This works, but not for secure group addresses. Secure group addresses are then suddenly not secure.

How to solve this? My goal is to have both lm’s with the same groupaddresses, without do maintenance on both.
Each KNX secure device has a sending sequence number that is required for secure communication. It cannot be added manually or via object import. You must import ETS project into both LMs.