This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

1-wire parasitic mode
Hi. 
Do logicmachine support parasite mode? Do i  need a resistor for this? 

Bobby
It is supported, no external resistor is required. Still, it is strongly recommended to use additional +5V supply, otherwise readings may fail due with larger cable lengths and/or a larger number of 1-Wire slaves.
(24.07.2017, 08:49)admin Wrote: It is supported, no external resistor is required. Still, it is strongly recommended to use additional +5V supply, otherwise readings may fail due with larger cable lengths and/or a larger number of 1-Wire slaves.

Hi!

Ok, my tought was to use the 2 extra wires in the KNX cable.
tried it With GND and DQ, but did only get devices into lm, but no data. Sad
(24.07.2017, 09:00)Bobby Wrote:
(24.07.2017, 08:49)admin Wrote: It is supported, no external resistor is required. Still, it is strongly recommended to use additional +5V supply, otherwise readings may fail due with larger cable lengths and/or a larger number of 1-Wire slaves.

Hi!

Ok, my tought was to use the 2 extra wires in the KNX cable.
tried it With GND and DQ, but did only get devices into lm, but no data. Sad

is it maybe possible to use the earth screen for GND, and use the 2 extras for +V and DQ?
any other suggestions? if not i have to rewire the house....
You can try, but first measure the resistance of the shield between LM and slave devices. The lower the better.
Keep in mind that the screen is there to keep things out! If you connect it to GND it will eventually provide enough energy to destroy something.