This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LogicMachine working status
Hello,

So let's say I have a situation, where my LM stops working all of a sudden for some kind of a reason. It contains very critical logic: dew point protection, electrical heating protection and other... Is it possible to achieve that when my LM stops working it would send some values to some objects that turns off heating, cooling and other things that needs to be shut down. Maybe it's somehow possible from KNX side, or is it not possible at all because LM won't be able to determine if it's working when it's not?

Thanks!
Hi
When LM stops working then it wont work Smile
But you cam make redundancy mode with second LM http://openrb.com/master-slave-logicmachine/
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
A possible solution is to make a timer logic in LM, that sends a 1bit to a KNX group adress every 5 minuttes (i am alive signal / Heartbeat).

In your KNX network, if you have a physical komponent with a simple logic-module built in with timer function, you could maybe have a timer in that component which recives the 1bit (i am alive signal / heartbeat)from LM which triggers its reset input every 5 minutes.

If the timer in your physical component don't recive the 1bit from LM before the timer runs out of time, it can send a 1 bit to another group adress, where you can use that adresse to activate/deactivate heating/coling or whatever you want.

BR
Kai-Roger
Once I did similar solution with a staircase timer in actuator which was constantly triggered by LM and when it elapsed it triggered a scene in push button.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(19.09.2018, 14:29)Daniel. Wrote: Once I did similar solution with a staircase timer in actuator which was constantly triggered by LM and when it elapsed it triggered a scene in push button.

Yes a staircase timer might just do the trick :-)
Hmm, that's actually exactly what I was looking for, nice idea. Thanks guys Smile