This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Logarithmic slider
Hi
I'm thinking about the following idea:
From my subjective feeling a logarithmic slider would be better for dimming instead of the standard linear one. Values between 0-10% are more important for me than 50-100%.
Is it possible to add some non-linearity into a specific slider by JS or CSS? I mean without additional group addresses and Lua formula in LM.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
No kidding,

my wife Heart  just complained about the lineair dimming (we have a lot of dimmed led's) so

+1 for this request

some dimmers support logarithmic dimming curves but not all of them.

Cheers,
Hendrik
Hi,

Do you use our dimmers? If yes then you can also adjust the dim curve so you don’t need log slider.

BR,

Erwin
(18.11.2017, 16:50)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Do you use our dimmers? If yes then you can also adjust the dim curve so you don’t need log slider.

BR,

Erwin

Unfortunately not. I use Jung 2098REGHE DALI controllers.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259